Monday, February 19, 2007

We Survived!

Well, it's Monday finally. This weekend, Shannon did the TEC in Camdenton (he's not home just yet) and I was scheduled to work Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Kelly took Madeleine Friday and Saturday night, and my folks had Noah. I slept at their house to feed Noah during the day and drove home to shower, check on the house, feed Homer and give him some attention. On top of it all, it snowed Friday into Saturday and getting to and from work was tough. I was able to be off on call last night (Sunday), so I drove with Kelly and Madeleine to the Hoot in Camdenton, seriously breaking the on-call rule of being no more than an hour away. I was more like 90 minutes away. I appreciated that I could be off, but man do I hate being on call. I'm so paranoid - I always picture the unit going to hell and the charge nurse trying to get a hold of me. I checked my phone every two minutes, and my voicemail four times to make sure I hadn't missed a call. But all was well, they didn't need me, and I was able to enjoy the Hoot and see Shannon, and make it home and get some sleep last night.

Many thanks to my parents and Kelly for the huge help this weekend! You guys are are awesome.

No comments: