Monday, February 12, 2007

Every trip's an adventure

It's nice to have internet access again. The Odd iBook has been in service in Houston this past weekend. I've been catching up on my favorite blogs and found this story on the Lactivist's blog. Experiences similar to this is why my last big grocery trip with both my kids was my last big grocery trip with both my kids. I even tried a quick trip to Target on Saturday; that was a disaster. Madeleine refused to continue sitting in the cart seat at one point and wanted to be held. She wiggled out of the belt, stood up, locked her legs, and grabbed around my neck. "Hold me!" "Madeleine, sit down!" "No! Hold me!" Short of beating her and breaking her legs so they fit, there was nothing I could do to get her to sit. I tried letting her walk, but it was too difficult to keep her from running away. So I carried her. I kind of perched her on the handle of the cart to help carry her and push the cart at the same time. Meanwhile, Noah is in his baby bucket in the basket, and the cart steers like it's got a ton of merchandise in it. Thankfully, he just gazes up at the lights and chews on the edge of the Bundle Me the whole time. Then, Madeleine sees the Princess bedding. It's on now. "I want Princessesses! I want Princesseses!" We left to check out at this point.

No comments: