Monday, January 08, 2007

I'll never miss TAL again!

My awesome husband gave me a nano for Christmas. It has taken me an hour, because, though the device is relatively simple and easy to use, there is still a bit of a learning curve, especially for those of us not entirely used to dealing with Mac. But here I am, listening to my first download: a podcast of This American Life, in my opinon, the best radio program around today. Our local public radio station broadcasts it on Sundays starting at 10 am, and I usually miss it because I'm either sleeping for work or at church. When I do get to listen, I rarely get to hear a whole act, and I never get to hear an entire show. I adore Sarah Vowell and dearly wish I had her gift for storytelling and essay writing. She is a frequent contibutor to TAL.

I should be cleaning my house and doing laundry, but between work and visiting for the holiday, I haven't been able to play with any of my Christmas presents. Other stuff I downloaded:
-iTunes Originals: Barenaked Ladies (whole album)
-32 Flavors Ani Difranco (original studio recording)
-A Little Less Conversation Elvis Presley (JXL Radio Remix)
-All Night Long (All Night) Lionel Richie
-Copacabana Barry Manilow
-Don't Stop Til You Get Enough Michael Jackson
-Will You Be There Michael Jackson
-Ice Ice Baby Vanilla Ice
-One Night In Bangkok Murray Head (I LOVE this song! It was the first thing I bought after downloading TAL)
-Sweet Caroline Neil Diamond
-The Devil Went Down to Georgia Charlie Daniels Band

No comments: