Saturday, June 09, 2007

Chicago Pictures (finally!)

I haven't been too good about getting pictures up these past few weeks - sorry. Here are pictures from our week-long trip to Chicago last month. The Oddblog has been treating the reason for the trip like a secret, for some reason. Everyone already knows why, but to humor our friend Orin, I'll not post the pictures I took at Norwest until the "secret" is revealed.

While Oddwalk conducted their secret mission, Erin, the kids, and I explored the northwest suburbs, visited friends and family, crossed the boarder into Wisconsin for outlet mall shopping, and hung out in our less-than-posh accomodations. (Nothing personal, GIA.) Orin & Erin left on Friday for home, but we stayed one more day. We capped off our week with a medieval adventure, which I'll post about next. Here are some pics from the week:

Noah bathing in the sink. Nice fauxhawk, son.

Kickin' it at the motel.


Carter's outlet in WI.

At the Museum of Science and Industry with Becca and Maia. Madeleine is playing with a HUGE water machine/table that goes through the entire space set aside for small children.


Visiting the Fairy Castle.

Visiting the baby chicks.

Barrington had a really nice park right behind our motel.

Becca and Maia at MSI.



The following pictures were taken with my mobile phone, so they are kind of grainy.

Madeleine shows off her new nightgown and my black beaded shoes.

Me and the kids at the MSI ice cream parlor.

My little shopper-in-training shows off the season's hottest wedges and a matching purse.

Erin plays with Madeleine at the outlet mall.


Madeleine with new friends at the GIA HQ.

Erin and Madeleine watching tv. There really is more than a black screen, I promise. Note Madeleine still has my black shoes on.

No comments: