Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Happy Birthday Madeleine!


On Tuesday, our girl turned three! Madeleine and I celebrated with a girl's afternoon out in Columbia. We started with a mother-daugher manicure at Goldiocks, a salon for kids. Madeleine sat very still and did really well for the manicurist, and she got purple nails. I got pinkish-orange on mine. Then she wanted to go to the mall and get ice cream, so we got a strawberry-banana smoothie for her (Me: What do you want, honey? Madeleine: Pink!) and a reece's blizzard for me. She drank half her smoothie, noticed I had actual ice cream, and asked to trade. Then we went for a ride on the carousel in the food court, on a reindeer. Aunt Becca called while we were on it, and she told her: "I'm on the carousel and we're going around and around and I'm up up up. And I go past people and I say 'Hi, People!'" We decided to call back when we were done with the ride. Then, she wanted to go play in the KidZone, which is giant fiberglass and foam sports shapes to climb on and slide down. We got some new shoes, and then hit Gymboree for a cute new outfit, and it was time to head to the Villa for a small birthday dinner. The big party's on Saturday, I'll post pictures sometime over the weekend.





No comments: